This year I participated in the Foodies Read 2015 challenge. I went for “Pastry Chef” level, originally aiming for 5 food-focused books but tacking on an extra here at the end of the year just for giggles:
- Cooking for geeks: Real science, great hacks, and good food by Jeff Potter (2010)
- French lessons: Adventures with a knife, fork, & corkscrew by Peter Mayle (2001)
- Relish: My life in the kitchen by Lucy Knisley (2013)
- The road to Dr Pepper, Texas by Karen Wright (2006)
- Vegetarian cooking for everyone by Deborah Madison (1997)
- 100 million years of food by Jeff Potter (2016)
I’m glad I decided to try this challenge. Food + books = 2 great tastes that taste great together! I learned a lot and found some interesting new recipes.
I’ve been wishy-washy about participating in this challenge (or any reading challenges) next year, but I finally decided to go ahead and give it another try. More details about my Foodies Read 2016 plans in a couple of days!